Wednesday, July 13, 2005

BULLETPROOF NOTHING:Holy Cock, the Raspberries Awesome

So, it should be known, as a rule, I hate band reunions. The only time such things are permissable are under the following circumstances:

1.They have to have been broken up for less than seven years(used to be 5 years, but I eased up on that on a little).
2.If it's for more than one show, there MUST be new material.
3.Classic or original line-up only, no ringers, no new guys, no bullshit

Having laid that out, I saw a band reunion this past sunday that ignored all those rules and was still unbelievably amazing. They say there's an exception that proves every rule(not that that makes any sense, mind you), and on June 26th, 2005, the Raspberries rocked harder than anyone would've imagined.

What can I say; the harmonies were spot on perfect, Carmen still has a great voice and the guitar sound was immpeccable(sp?). It was undoubtedly the BEST seven dollar show I've even seen. They all looked way fucking old, but they could more than deliver the goods. It gives me fucking hope for humanity. Sometimes you CAN go back home again.

Fucking Rickenbacher fury, what else can I say?